At Innovate & Educate 2016, we are working towards creating a program that not only informs, but inspires, and provides a space for educators and those in the education space to discuss, share their opinions and talk best practice.
The following User Groups will be run at this year’s conference:
Monday 29 August
Tuesday 30 August
* Please note: the Collaborate & Analytics session times have been swapped. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
When: Monday 29th August
Time/Location: 8:30–10:30am in Ballroom 2
Leader: Lauren Hives, Bond University
- Blackboard Update
- Presentation by user group member
- Institution Updates
- Breakout Rooms – Use cases and best practice
- Other business
When: Monday 29th August
Time/Location: 10:30am–12:30pm in Ballroom 2
Leader: Simon Welsh, Charles Sturt University
- 10.30am – Welcome and Introductions
- 10.45am – Overview of the Australasian Blackboard Analytics Community: what we’ll be doing, and how to get involved and stay connected
- 11.00am – The Big Issues: discussion of the key issues for the Community, and how we might address/explore them
- 11.45am – Developing a Position: discussion on the communication process between Blackboard and clients with regard to analytics system developments and updates, with a view to developing recommendations for Blackboard
- 12.30pm – Close and Lunch
This year at the Teaching and Learning Conference, due to popular demand, we will be merging the Australian and New Zealand Learn User Groups. This session will allow delegates from both countries to share best practices, challenges, discuss solution updates and more.
This interactive session will include agenda items from both groups and include breakfast for attendees. Please see below for more details.
When: Tuesday 30th August
Time/Location: 7:45–8:45am in Ballroom 1
Leader: Schelly Gardner, Southern Cross University and Mark Northover, Auckland University of Technology
- Meta data and learning objects – tagging and keywords in the CMS
- Grades Journey
- Bb partnering with IBM and AWS
- Mobile apps – BbStudent, BbInstructor
- Enterprise Surveys – what are others using
- Online proctoring
- A4L and related consulting costs to upgrade to new release
- Learn version updates – plans for upgrading
- Moving to Learn Ultra – Local, hosted or SaaS?
- Other tool sets ie. VoiceThread
- Moving to SIS for integration
- Goals implementation
- Functional problems
- Potential to combine NZBUG & ABUG?