Frequently Asked Questions
Where will the conference take place?
All conference proceedings will take place at Bocconni University, Milan. When you first arrive, please head to the registration desk in the Roentgen Building.
Who will attend?
Educators, course designers, system administrators and eLearning managers from Higher and Further Education institutions across Europe, Middle East and Africa. Blackboard executives, with representatives from Blackboard’s Support, Technical, Consulting Services, Marketing, Sales and Managed Hosting teams.
All Blackboard solutions and services will be represented.
Why will they attend?
- To network with peers from local, national and international institutions – all facing similar day-to-day challenges and long-term goals
- To learn about new innovations from Blackboard
- To learn about new innovations and partnerships from Blackboard’s corporate partners in the exhibit hall
- To hear and to share experiences of today’s education world
- To learn new skills and techniques in the peer-to-peer workshops
- To attend pre-conference one-day Forums
What’s included in my conference fee?
- Speakers Registration (only for accepted presenters)
Discounted full conference registration. Includes access to all TLC breakout sessions, workshops, training workshops, keynotes and general sessions, social activities – Welcome Reception and Conference Party, lunches and refreshment breaks from lunchtime on Wednesday 21st March to lunchtime on Friday 24th April, conference program guide, and conference materials, access to exhibit hall.
- Full Conference Registration
Access to all TLC breakout sessions, workshops, training workshops, keynotes and general sessions, social activities – Welcome Reception and Conference Party, lunches and refreshment breaks from lunchtime on Wednesday 21st March to lunchtime on Friday 24th April, conference program guide, and conference materials, access to exhibit hall.
- Single Day
All conference activities as described above, but specific to one day only (Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday). Note: this registration does not include Conference party for Thursday registrations. If you wish to attend the conference dinner, a ticket is available at extra cost.
- Social Event Guest
Designed for those who are traveling with a partner/guest and would like to bring that guest to the conference social activities. Includes access to exhibit hall, Welcome Reception, and Conference party.
Includes access to all DEVCON presentation sessions/workshops, Tuesday evening social activity, lunch, morning and afternoon refreshment breaks on both days (Tuesday and Wednesday), Developers Conference materials.
Do I have to pay?
Learn more about implementing the latest teaching technologies from inspirational speakers
How do I get to Milan?
Will there be a Conference Party?
Yes! The Conference Party will be at Milan's National Museum of Science and Technology “Leonardo da Vinci”, in the Air & Water Building.
The address is: Via Olona 6, 20123 Milan.
What will the dress code be?
Smart and casual – we like our delegates to feel comfortable!
Can I get a discount?
Yes – there are various options:
- By bringing your colleagues to the conference with you – register 4 people from within your institution, and you will receive a registration code entitling a 5th person to register FREE! Effectively giving each person a 20% discount. See registration page for instructions on how to receive the group discount.
- By registering for both DEVCON and the Teaching & Learning Conference you will receive a registration rate less than the sum of the individual conference registrations.