Call for Presentations
Present in Darwin
Some of the most rewarding moments at our conferences come from the presentations made by Blackboard clients.
The Teaching and Learning conference provides you with the opportunity to connect with peers and Blackboard team to share best practices.
We invite all our clients who innovative with different e-Learning solutions to present technical or pedagogical topics. Share how you solve different challenges with student improvement, learning analytics, student retention, etc.
Submissions have officially closed.
Please contact Anz@blackboard.com for any CFP enquiries.
Open Call for Presentations
23 February, 2017
Deadline Call for Presentations (extended)
1 May, 2017
Review by program committee
2 May, 2017
Confirmation of acceptance
29 May, 2017
Publication of full schedule
1 June, 2017
Your experience as a leading adopter of education technology is incredibly useful the Teaching and Learning community. Submit your CFP for themes:
- Technology Enhanced T&L | Beyond the Basics; Good Quality Teaching, Inclusive Teaching, Sophisticated Flexible & Blended Delivery of T&L
- Learning Goals and Outcomes | Assessment, Feedback and Outcomes; addressing skills gap, future proofing
- The New Learner Revolution | Engagement, Adoption, personalise learning, customised user experience, student satisfaction
- Get Nerdy: Code + Design + Play | Enhancing your VLE; let's talk gamification, customisation, plugins, APIs, web services, open standards.
Reasons to Present
- Receive discounted registration fee
- Influence and enhance teaching and learning throughout Australia & New Zealand by sharing your best practices
- Enrich your personal and technical development as a Blackboard or Moodle user
- Be an active contributor to inspiring educators
Call for Presentations Guidelines
Content and Topics
The content of submissions should relate to the use of any of the Blackboard technologies to solve challenges on and off campus. Looking for topic ideas? We have some suggested topics for you to consider. Please refer to the blue box on the right side of this page.
Approximately 500 words or less.
You can submit a proposal for the following session types:
- Standard Presentation Session (45 minutes)
- Panel Discussion (45 minutes)
- Interactive Workshop (90 minutes)
Workshops require an interactive element and need to be more than a presentation.
All sessions can be given by one or more speakers/institutions on a topic of interest or case study with time for questions and answers.
Looking for ideas? Here are some topics under the themes mentioned above which you can consider:
Delivering a personalised learning experience
Share examples of where you have personalised aspects of your online provision, so students experience an engaging ‘one stop’ environment to meet all their needs.
The Evolving Education Ecosystem
Highlight your thoughts and examples of how education can be more agile, scalable, and engaging.
Online assessment & feedback
Share how your institution has implemented its assessment journey to enhance the education experience and improve institutional effectiveness.
Create more flexibility and increase interaction to keep students engaged.
Show how you are enhancing student employability and digital literacy skills through the use of Blackboard technologies, resources and online practice.
Highlight how you are using Blackboard to expand opportunities internationally enabling students to personalise their learning and participate in teaching programmes connected to all parts of the globe.
Data and Analytics
Share your ideas on using data for education. Capturing, analysing, and using relevant data can determine the value of education better than ever. What are your ideas?
For most academic staff, adopting learning technology for the first time is a change to their well-established and proven practice. Share strategies about how you have got academics to step away from the comfort of the familiar and try something new. How did you provide them with effective and available support? Share your stories.
The Teaching and Learning Conference ANZ 2017 will take place on 5th to 8th September in Darwin. We are still working on the full program and you can anticipate an exciting range of workshops, presentations and keynotes! For more information about the event, please click here.