Where will the conference take place?
All conference proceedings take place at the University of Groningen (Rijksuniversiteit Groningen) Groningen, Netherlands. Click here to learn more about the location.
Who is this event for?
The event is focused on education professionals who are interested in driving innovation in education through the smart use of technology. The event attracts educators, course designers, and e-learning managers from Higher and Further Education institutions across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Why will they attend?
- To network with peers from local, national and international institutions – all facing similar day-to-day challenges and long-term goals
- To learn about new innovations from Blackboard
- To learn about new innovations and partnerships from Blackboard’s corporate partners in the exhibit hall
- To hear and to share experiences of today’s education world
- To learn new skills and techniques in the peer-to-peer workshops
- To attend DevCon (optional extra to the conference)
- To attend pre-conference one-day Forums
Which Blackboard teams will be represented?
Attendees will be able to learn more about many of Blackboard’s solutions and services, such as:
- Blackboard Learn including MyEdu
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Blackboard Analytics
- BbStudent Mobile App
- Blackboard Offline Grading App
- Blackboard Consulting Services
- Blackboard Managed Hosting.
At the event, you’ll be able to meet the Blackboard leadership and meet up with representatives from Blackboard’s product development and support teams.
Is there an event App?
Yes, click here to download the TLC 2016 Event App. Use the App to see the full agenda with details, see the maps, get the latest updates, and participate in competitions.
How can I start using the event App?
- First click here to download the App
- Log in with the email address you used to register for the event.
- Type in the password: 123456
Can’t access the App? Send us an email at Groningen2016@blackboard.com or come to the Registration Desk at the event and we will help you.
Do I have to pay?
- Yes, there is a conference fee to attend the Blackboard Teaching & Learning Conference 2016.
- The DevCon and Student of the Future events are optional paid-for pre-conference events.
- Academic Adoption Day is an optional paid-for pre-conference event, but you will need to register.
What’s included in my conference fee?
- Full Conference Registration
Includes access to all conference breakout sessions, workshops, training workshops, keynotes and general sessions, social activities – Welcome Reception and Conference Party, lunches and refreshment breaks from lunchtime on Wednesday April 6th to lunchtime on Friday April 8th, conference program guide and conference materials, access to exhibit hall.
- Single Day
All conference activities as described above, but specific to one day only (Wednesday, or Thursday, or Friday). Note: this registration does not include Conference party for Thursday registrations. If you wish to attend the conference dinner, a ticket is available at extra cost.
- Speakers Registration
A discounted full conference registration, only for accepted presenters.
- DevCon 2016
Includes access to all DevCon presentation sessions/workshops on Monday and Tuesday, the Monday evening social activity, lunch, morning and afternoon refreshment breaks on both days (Monday and Tuesday), Developers Conference materials.
- Academic Adoption Day (free)
Access to the Academic Adoption Day pre-conference masterclass on Tuesday March 5th.
- Student of the Future
Includes access to the Student of the Future pre-conference event on Tuesday March 5th.
- Guest Ticket
Designed for those who are traveling with a partner/guest and would like to bring that guest to the conference social activities. Includes access to exhibit hall, Welcome Reception and Conference party.
Can I get a discount?
Yes – there are various options:
- By bringing your colleagues to the conference with you – register 4 people from within your institution, and you will receive a registration code entitling a 5th person to register FREE! Effectively giving each person a 20% discount. This group discount applies to both Earlybird and Regular registrations. See registration page for instructions on how to receive the group discount.
Are you bringing more than 5 people to the conference? Contact us to learn more about pricing options for large groups.
- By registering for both DevCon and the Teaching & Learning Conference, or the Student of the Future and Teaching & Learning Conference you will receive a registration rate less than the sum of the individual conference registrations.
How do I get to Groningen?
You can find lots of travel information links on our Locations page, including directions to the University of Groningen (Rijksuniversiteit Groningen) Groningen, Netherlands . There is also information about travel between the city centre and the campus.
What will the dress code be?
Smart and casual – we like our delegates to feel comfortable!
Will there be a Conference Dinner or a Party?
In 2016 conference dinner will be held on Thursday evening at the Groningen Museum, a unique venue with the extended exhibition on David Bowie.